Sunday, June 15, 2008

Where do I want my winks?


Sitting in front of my computer at 1 AM, I'm facing a dilemma. Where do I want to catch sleep before, between, or after flights? The fact that the actual time will be doing back flips due to timezone changes makes the issue more confusing. I'll probably just do half and half--sleep a little bit the night before, sleep on the plane a bit. I could also try to pull an all-nighter, but many things could go wrong....

Packing has created a small anomaly in the weather patterns inside my house, causing a miniature tornado that has devastated my room. (Refer to diagram.) Fortunately, it's been controlled chaos that I will (hopefully) be able to clean up before I depart. I've packed a good camcorder and some pretty handy and cool camera equipment which I pray doesn't get stolen. I've been pretty thorough with my extra luggage--now, just to make sure the essentials make it.

On a side note, after I took my malaria medicine, doxycycline, I had a bit of an upset stomach. I hope that's because either hadn't eaten, it's my first time, or I just have the stomach flu. (No, wait, I don't want the stomach flu.) Nonetheless, I hope this won't be a recurring problem, since I will be taking this drug every day on this trip.

24 hours!
(Note the hint of nervousness in my voice/typing.)

0 comments: